“All of them are quite alone, some involuntarily, some by their own hand, some without realizing it, but none of them come to the study room table with the emotional advantages held by that mythical creature known as ‘a normal person.’ … The good news is, being messed up doesn’t mean the story’s over. It means the story’s just starting, and in the end, we all find out we’re not alone, or maybe that we’re all alone and united in our loneliness.” — Dan Harmon
I suggest he keeps his ideas to himself or gets the fuck off our planet.
When pressed for further comment, the chairman of Nestlé went on to admit “it doesn’t really matter, since my unstoppable army of chocolate storm-troopers is in the process of seizing the remainder of the world’s drinkable water supplies anyway, and my satellite mounted solar caramel gun is primed to destroy Washington, London and Moscow unless the governments of the world agree to meet my ransom demands.”
And then he laughed diabolically for half a minute.
The truth behind Lenin’s Testament
Must reblog for perfection.
- liking a piece of media does not automatically mean you think it is perfect or agree with its creators
- even if you are not openly critical of it
- because you don’t HAVE to be openly critical of it
- there is an enormous difference between being an apologist for something and wanting to dwell on the good parts of a thing you like because it makes you happy, please stop conflating these two things
- not talking about the flaws of a thing does not mean you do not recognize the flaws of a thing
- nobody has to apologize for liking what they like and nobody should be shamed for liking a thing
- your fave is problematic too
- you are not a better person than someone just because your favorite piece of media is less problematic than theirs
- you aren’t
#i feel like this is the perfect counterpart to aotd #because everyone always assumed that rory loved amy more than she loved him #but she loved him so much as well #and people always assume that river loves the doctor more than he loves her #because she’s better at showing it #but here he is admitting how deeply his feelings for her affect him #he loves her so much (via a-bitey-mad-lady)
“Father, forgive me, for I have been problematic.”
Why not become a cockney grave robber?